Magic Sheet - Custom Fixture - Level indicator

Hello there,

i am a littele bit confused.
I have created, a while ago, a custom Fixture for my Magic Sheets as an SVG.
The creation was made with the ETC-Guide:
https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Eos_Family/Software_and_Programming/Custom_Magic_Sheet_Fixture_Symbols

And the Fixture is the Following:

Now my Question:

The Fixture has some strange behavior when i rotate it and switch the "Field" to "Interior"
Than the intensity-marker gains the color of the Channel-marker and makes it hard to see, because it is switching to black on some point.
A Pixture attached to make my Point more Clear:

Channel 4 and 45 are both At 70
And Ch4 clearly has a black Intensity-Marker
And while Ch45 has a different Color, the Intensity-Marker is white.

And Ch45 can't have a other Intensity-marker-Color than White.

----

This all gets resolved if i rotate the Fixture, as it has happend with Ch46.

To let you all Play along, a Showfile attached.

test-File 2023-11-03 17-15-01.esf2 

• As soon as you choose interior placement of the fields and use linked fill color, the behavior of the text color changes: it will be black/white and try to maximize contrast.

The center example doesn't show intensity. actually it does, but it's not visible.

The reason why intensity isn't visible in the first screenshot is that it's black on a black background. Black was chosen because that has a better contrast against the fill color.

When choosing Interior the console assumes that all fields are actually within the shape. In the case of your symbol for channel 46 that selection box of the object is quite a bit bigger than the actual object itself.
    The same is true for the symbol in those screenshots. It's the stock Desire symbol.

Since the placement of the fields depends on the selection box this will cause the fields to be outside of the shape, but the console still treats the field as interior.

With a smaller selection box around your symbol, e.g. like your channel 12, you should see better results.

• Using interior and NOT the center-position for the intensity (like your example 3) is made on purpose. Because the Intensity is closer to the Fixture. With that option it will never touch the Fixture but will stay very close.

So for me there is no reason that it behaves like it is in the center.

---

In the case of your symbol for channel 46 that selection box of the object is quite a bit bigger than the actual object itself.

That is, because the Box sized itself and i have no idea how i can prevent that. Do you have any?

---

I would love to see the non-centered + interior to have an other behavior than the centered on.
    Is this something that i need to make a Feature request for? 

Related