Element 2 Go Button Unresponsive

I'm an intern for a multisite church and we use Element 2 consoles for some of our locations. We've run into an issue with them where the Go, Stop/Back, Master buttons, and fader wing selection knob stop responding suddenly. This also includes the fader wing selection knob not updating the backlight on the indication text next to it. The spacebar and virtual master fader go buttons continue to work. I've only personally seen this happen once but it has been reported another 3 times across two different consoles. I opened diagnostic and it looks to me like the console isn't even seeing the inputs at all from the buttons when this issue is happening. It jumped out of this state for me when I switched the fader wing selection knob to channels and moved a fader on the wing. Otherwise it has been fixed in past by restarting. Not entirely sure what version the first console is running (3.0+ at least) but the one I witnessed was 3.2.3. Just looking for any solutions to this and if its not an error on our part to report it as a bug.

Parents
  • Apart from a hardware issue this could also be about an unmapped master fader pair.

When you're Go button isn't working, have a look in the virtual facepanel tab.
    This is unmapped

This is mapped

If it is mapped but Go doesn't work leave the software by selecting Exit in the browser. This will bring you to the shell, where in Settings > Maintenance you can find the facepanel test. Does the Go button work in there?

• Apart from a hardware issue this could also be about an unmapped master fader pair.

When you're Go button isn't working, have a look in the virtual facepanel tab.
    This is unmapped

This is mapped

If it is mapped but Go doesn't work leave the software by selecting Exit in the browser. This will bring you to the shell, where in Settings > Maintenance you can find the facepanel test. Does the Go button work in there?

Children
Related