home preset- having trouble with colour and CTC after saving in a home preset

Good evening all,

Today I was making a new square 1 file on our Gio (Ver 3.2.??) and I put some silver star Pluto 2000 in a setting using the colour CTC (@20%) and then recorded them in a home preset (9999) Once the plutos were homed I couldnot change the colour in any way or shape without manualy taking the CTC back to 0.

Am I missing something here? I also tried another fixture with similar result. How do I get  the fixtures released from the home preset?

Looking forward to your help.

Regards

Geoff

Parents
  • It's a bit hard to be sure without knowing the product. Their documentation also doesn't explain the expected functionality. But it sounds like using CCT or color mixing are mutually exlusive for this fixture.

When you say "could not change colour in any way or shape" do you mean you are moving the color parameters (e.g. by encoder or in ML controls), you can see the values change on your console, but in real life nothing happens? To be sure you can have a look in About > Patch if the DMX value of the parameters really do change, but if the lights still don't change the color although About shows changing DMX values, I'm afraid this points to fixtures not having this functionality.

• While I can't confirm if the values were changing, I was using the encoders, colour picker and even gels. When I get a chance to have a look again I will see if values are changing. What I do know is the fixture profile in the software is not correct and does not control the light so another version was created (not by me) so that could also be at fault. Where does one post for a fixture review? Surely I am not the only one who used these lights and knows they don't work with the profile. 

• While I can't confirm if the values were changing, I was using the encoders, colour picker and even gels. When I get a chance to have a look again I will see if values are changing. What I do know is the fixture profile in the software is not correct and does not control the light so another version was created (not by me) so that could also be at fault. Where does one post for a fixture review? Surely I am not the only one who used these lights and knows they don't work with the profile. 

Children
No Data
Related