Connecting Capture to Nomad on the same PC

I am trying to use capture and Nomad on the same PC to use for previz for an upcoming show but I just can’t seem to figure out why it isn’t working.

I can very easily connect the two on my MacBook and can also connect my MacBook to my PC via Ethernet to previz but I just want to do it internally on my PC. 

My PC is connected to the router via power line adapters but I have tried using wifi, an Ethernet switch and a loop back adapter all to no avail. 

If anyone has any advice it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob

Parents
  • Hello Jacob,

i recall having sometime issues with it in the past.
    But a test right now, made it nearly happen at the first try.

I normaly start Capture first and EOS after that.
    In my test the universe did not connect right away. So i went into capture>DMX Universes>more (Button on the Bottom) and than "Reset external Universes"

That made it happen.

I do use a loopback adapter.
    And in Capture sACN is set to IP Address> Automatic

tested with:
    Capture v2023.1.6
    EOS v3.2.2.25 in Offline w/wiz - mode
    Win 10

• Thank you for the reply. I have tried everything exactly as you said and unfortunately still no luck. I didn't know about the reset external universes button so thanks for letting me know about that but it does not seem to help in my case. The thing I find so odd is how easy it is to set this up both internally on my Mac and between my PC and my Mac but it seems I just can't get it to work internally on the PC no matter what I try.

• you could disable the wifi, that the Loopback is the only thing working.

And Yes, sometimes it is a mistery.

What you can try next is to set in Capture the IP for EOS to the IP of your LoopBack Adapter.
    This can be done in the DMX Universes Tab.

Reply Children
Related