Wanting Submaster Color control applied to 6 other sub masters

Tomorrow is my festival of One Act plays and I am currently trying to allow for color mixing with 6 areas lit and controlled by sub-masters. I have programed 6 areas of illumination for the festival that they can choose but I would like to have submasters to do color mixing if they want. I have researched and tried a few things but struggled to make it work. Help would be appreciated 

Parents
  • If you want separate color control for each ares, it will take 24 subs. If you want all areas same color, then fewer. Elsewhere on this forum there is this article: "Color Mixing Red, Green, and Blue Submasters on Eos Family."

I have successfully used a different formula:

To build LED submasters:

1. PATCH: In patch, edit (a copy of) the unit type profile to set the home value of all color attributes at zero, instead of 255. Assign this new TYPE to all your units.
    2. go to LIVE. Set channels of your units at full. If you are on Element, use [ML control], go to color picker. If Ion, use [color] and use the encoders. Set the color wanted at full and Record sub ##.
    3. go to BLIND. [sub] [##] [enter]
    4. [channel numbers] [enter]
    5. with mouse, click on the names of the colors (above the “faders”) that are at zero. These names will appear in command line. Type [AT] [ENTER]. This will make those attributes null instead of zero. You will now have a fader that controls intensity and one color.
    6. If you want intensity & color separate, you can use the above procedure to create an intensity-only sub as well.
    7. Go to stage and see if it worked.

I hope that this helps.

• If you want separate color control for each ares, it will take 24 subs. If you want all areas same color, then fewer. Elsewhere on this forum there is this article: "Color Mixing Red, Green, and Blue Submasters on Eos Family."

I have successfully used a different formula:

To build LED submasters:

1. PATCH: In patch, edit (a copy of) the unit type profile to set the home value of all color attributes at zero, instead of 255. Assign this new TYPE to all your units.
    2. go to LIVE. Set channels of your units at full. If you are on Element, use [ML control], go to color picker. If Ion, use [color] and use the encoders. Set the color wanted at full and Record sub ##.
    3. go to BLIND. [sub] [##] [enter]
    4. [channel numbers] [enter]
    5. with mouse, click on the names of the colors (above the “faders”) that are at zero. These names will appear in command line. Type [AT] [ENTER]. This will make those attributes null instead of zero. You will now have a fader that controls intensity and one color.
    6. If you want intensity & color separate, you can use the above procedure to create an intensity-only sub as well.
    7. Go to stage and see if it worked.

I hope that this helps.

Children
No Data
Related