Working in multiple theaters

Hello,

Admittedly I'm newer to the Eos family.  I am working in two different theaters. I am using the nomad dongle at both. I have the first theater patched into my laptop; this is my usual community theater.  I was asked to be the Tech Director of our local middle school. They were using a version of CHAMSY that I would rather not use. 

Is there a way to patch these fixtures in or would I have to basically backup my patch from theater 1 and then "wipe" my data and start over? 

• My guess is you'll need to save the showfile (with the patch list) for your first theatre and then create another patch list for your second theatre. Each showfile can only have one patch list.

A more cumbersome workaround would be to create a patch list starting at Chan1 to Chanx for your first theatre and continue the patch list from Chanx+something to Chany for your second theatre. Only use chans 1 to x in your first theatre cues and only use chans x+something to chan in your second theatre. But, using that workaround madness might ensue as not only will you consume more channels in each theatre than you need but some features of EOS work with all patched channels (eg the live summary display) which will make it harder to use.

• It's not uncommon to be confronted with different patch for different situations. This could be different venues, but also a patch that changes because  your next show (in the same venue) has other needs.

The solution is always to use different showfiles. That's one of the reasons why we even have the functionality to easily save and load showfiles.

• Thank you. I figured there was an easy solution that just wasn't coming to me last night.

Related