Pixel Mapping Issue

Simple problem with simple fix, but I am just not seeing it.  I am setting up pixel mapping for the first time on a high schools ion xe and have ALITOVE 12V WS2811 Pixel Lights running through an Enttec Octo.  The Octo is set to start at universe 10 using sCAN.  The lights are able to be individually addressed they have thus far been addressing each pixel to a channel, which works fine but eats up addresses fast., I want to switch to the pixel mapping feature.  I have gone through all the tutorials and have what I believe is a properly set up pixel map, but I don't get any response.  I think I am missing a step where the board actually recognizes the lights.

Parents Reply
  • To be honest I am not sure.  I can address them directly to channels as a LED RGB 8B with three addresses and they work fine. In get full intensity and color control.  When I use the pixel map I can get them to flash in the editor, but nothing live.  The server channel is at full.

My understanding is the virtual channel handles the intensity and the media and fx channels accordingly.

Children
  • The pixel mapping will take care of virtual intensity, but if it's a native parameter (i.e. uses an actual DMX address) then the user has to make sure the channels are on. Since you can turn them on when patched as LED RGB 8b this doesn't seem to be the problem in your case.

You have the server channel at full, did you also bring up the intensity of the layers?

What does the Pixel Map Preview show (Tab 10)?

Related