Problem loading showfile

Hey all, I was wondering if you all knew about why an ETC Ion would stop opening show files? This console is old and in desperate need of a hard reset but I would think it would still be able to open a show file saved in legacy mode from a Nomad.

Basically what the title says. I was trying to do some programming from home and bring a show file in to the console at the theatre. I know this console is out of date, but I would think it would still open a show file if it was saved as a legacy file in Nomad. Console could update but likely also needs a factory reset. Any ideas? 

edited title to make it shorter.
[edited by: eos moderator at 8:24 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 19 2024]
Parents
  • If you saved as esf in Nomad you should be able to open it on basically all previous Eos version, including 2.something that your old Ion is probably running.

When you say "stop opening showfiles" at what point in the process of loading showfiles do you get stuck? Can you start the Ion into the software? Can you open the browser? in File>Open do you see the USB drive? On the USB drive do you see the showfile? Can you select it? What happens when you double-click or press [Select]?

• If you saved as esf in Nomad you should be able to open it on basically all previous Eos version, including 2.something that your old Ion is probably running.

When you say "stop opening showfiles" at what point in the process of loading showfiles do you get stuck? Can you start the Ion into the software? Can you open the browser? in File>Open do you see the USB drive? On the USB drive do you see the showfile? Can you select it? What happens when you double-click or press [Select]?

Children
  • Basically, we can see the file, see the USB, everything, but if we try and actually open the file, via clicking or [Select], it does nothing. 

• And you're sure that you're using File > Open, rather than File > Merge, right?

If you want to make sure there's enough space on your harddrive, from the shell go to Settings > Maintenance. From here you can first backup your showfiles and pull logfiles. After verifying that you have all needed showfiles successfully backed up on your USB drive you can use the File Manager in Settings > Maintenance to delete unused showfiles or directories.

In the long run you probably want to get in touch with ETC Tech Services to get this sorted out. Your console might need a fresh install of everything. You can find the contacts here. They should be able to get you on the 3.x branch of the Eos software, if indeed your console is a Win 7 generation.

Related