ion tracking...question

I was always taught to not use tracking and for moving lights, I would need to add the fixture to the previous cue with the intensity at 0.  

Then at the last job, I was told the "guy" changed a setting and then we didn't have to do the pre-cue step - just never learned what they did - was it turning on tracking?

ion board

chauvet Rogue2xSPOT

21 channels

Parents
  • If it was to get a mover into position for the next cue before its intensity came up from zero then it's possible they "turned on" automark. This is a marvelous feature which looks ahead in a cue list and sets a channel's non-intensity parameters (eg colour, position, zoom etc) when the movers are dark and before the cue brings up their intensity. You should see an "M" in the appropriate column for the cue in the PSD and the tombstone display will show "MK" for channels when you're in the cue marking them.

If you want the moves to be done with the intensity above zero then you can remove the mark flag on a per cue basis.

• I’m assuming I need to record (re-record) the cue with auto mark on for it to take. Or turn the mark flag on?

Reply Children
Related