Customizing Macro Buttons on the New Apex Console

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the new Apex model of the ETC light console and have some questions about customizing the macro buttons that came with it:

1. **Icon Size:** Is it possible to enlarge the icons on these macro buttons for easier identification during shows?

2. **Custom Direct Buttons:** Can I assign my own custom direct buttons to these new macro buttons for more efficient operation?

Any advice or instructions on how to do these modifications would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Best,

Patrick

Parents
  • Yes to both questions. And both issues are solved in the same place. Before going there create an empty Custom Direct Select layout for each bank of target keys. This is done in Tab 39.

Now that you have prepared this, keep [Displays] pressed, after a second or so one of the top buttons of each bank of target keys will say Edit. Press this button, this will open the settings for this bank.

You can change the type of direct selects you want to see, here you choose Custom and then select one of your newly created empty layouts. Make sure to choose a different one for each bank.

In this menu you can also indirectly increase the icon size, by choosing to place the icon in the center.

While you're here look around what other helpful options you have: E.g. do you want arrows? If so both at the top, or top and bottom? Do you want Flexi mode (hint: for Custom direct selects you want to disable Flexi).

Hope this helps!

• With making the icons bigger pushing it to centre doesn't increase the scale size of the icon it would still remain at its maximum size. Would there be a scope to add a scaling option to make the entire button the icon? 

Reply Children
Related