ETC Client to Ion over VPN Remote Locations

Hello!

I'm working for a multi-site church dealing with our lighting consoles across our locations and I'm interested in being able to remote into them to perform changes. I've read the page EOS shows for ways to remote into console:https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Eos_Family/Software_and_Programming/Guide_to_remote_operation_of_Eos_via_WAN#Native_multiconsole and shown it to our IT guy. From what I understand this says that we should be able to connect consoles over a VPN between physical locations.

I am pushing for the client connecting via multi-console over VPN but he seems to think that's impossible because of something about them requiring layer 2 for broadcasting while asking them to go through a router, which would be layer 3, between our locations. More IT details are that we have our local lighting networks on VLANs at every location we want to do this at which we already use for connecting some DMX gateways.

Most of this networking stuff is over my head and I was wondering if anyone here knew the answer if this was possible or not or if ETC has any more detailed resources about this for our IT department to look at. Sorry if this seems confused because of my lack of networking experience, any help given is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Related