Head Scratcher….flashing lights

Be patient with me because I am not a lighting person. I am the Jack of all trades Techical Director of the building. We have an ETC set up. About 15 years old I’m told. Dimmer racks, wall panels, and Element console. We are having issues with our lights randomly flickering. Conventional fixtures, LED fixtures, and house lights simultaneously. It’s not associated with a particular show file, it happens even when the light board is off.  I’ve changed out the DMX running from the wall port to the board for brand new DMX cables and that didn’t help anything. The dimmer racks are not registering that there is an error. We never know when this flicker will happen and cannot re-create it on demand. Sometimes we go months with no problems and other times it happens every day at least once or twice a day. We pulled in the college electrician and she said that there are no problems with the wiring and is stumped. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? 

Parents
  • Are you LEDs connected from Dimming Rack DMX output? Maybe the last dmx light in line needs to be terminsted? No dmx line should have more than 32 dmx fixtures daisy chained together. Does college electrician have an ocilloscope to measure if DMX single really is clean or maybe its just barely right and easily interfered with?

Could you try turning off RDM in console And Network Gateways? 

We could help more effectively if we had a network and lighting system plan listiing all network and dmx devices and how they are connected. this should be easily found in your theatre - if not it needs to be found/created. 

• Are you LEDs connected from Dimming Rack DMX output? Maybe the last dmx light in line needs to be terminsted? No dmx line should have more than 32 dmx fixtures daisy chained together. Does college electrician have an ocilloscope to measure if DMX single really is clean or maybe its just barely right and easily interfered with?

Could you try turning off RDM in console And Network Gateways? 

We could help more effectively if we had a network and lighting system plan listiing all network and dmx devices and how they are connected. this should be easily found in your theatre - if not it needs to be found/created. 

Children
No Data
Related