How do I reset the background values for sneak?

Hi! I'm a mostly self taught ETC operator. I'm in high school, so our board changes operators pretty often, about every 3 years or so. A while ago, I'm guessing three or four operators ago, someone reset the background values to not be all at 0. When hitting [Clear] [Sneak] [Enter] not all values go to 0, some go to 50, and some go to Full. There are no cues that it is trying to revert to. Is there a way to change it back so the background values when using those keystrokes are all at 0? I did try looking around online, but no such question has been asked on this forum and I took a brief glance through the online training (I'm currently working through it). If it's any help, we run an ETC Ion board. Any help is much appreciated!

• There are two reasons why this could be happening. And the font color will tell you which of the two you're seeing.

After Clear Sneak Enter are the values that are bothering you grey or yellow?

If yellow then the source of those values is a sub (or multiple). To find out which select a misbehaving channel, open About > Current Values and have a look in the Source column. It would say something like "Sub 1". Subs can be raised to a value even though their fader is at 0 or even if they're not mapped to a fader at all. This makes them sometimes a bit hard to detect. You can bring them down through the command line: Sub 1 At 0 Enter

If grey then those channels have changed Home values. I guess the reason why you didn't find anything was because of vocabulary.
    Go to Patch and hit the softkey Fixtures. The misbehaving fixture types will have a non-0 value in the Home column of their Intens parameter. You can change it right there, don't forget to hit the green button Save Fixture.

Does this help?

If you're still having a problem you can send us your showfile to eos(dot)moderator(at)etcconnect(dot)com. Please indicate which software version and console you're using, as well as which channel(s) you're seeing this.

Related