needing some help with Macros

We are about to get a bunch of new lights and Im working on creating some new magic sheets.  I am wanting to create a macro that adjusts the speed of an animation wheel or a gobo rotation for a +/-%.  We will have about 10 movers so the effect would need to trigger on the selected ch only.  I tried doing a macro with "select last + animation wheel speed + -%".  That only resulted in the same Ch being affected when i recorded the Macro not the active Ch i wanted.  

Has anybody done something like this to have a Macro/button that would increase a beam attribute by 5, 10 or 15% every time you hit it for the actively selected fixture.   Thanks. 

Parents
  • Has anybody done something like this to have a Macro/button that would increase a beam attribute by 5, 10 or 15% every time you hit it for the actively selected fixture.

Select_Last Gobo_Index/Speed +% Enter

That is supposed to increase the value by a percentage, not a set integer. The percentage it uses appears to be show-file level and can be changed in Settings => User => Manual Control => Button Values => "Plus %"

However in my test it just added it as an integer so IDK. I have the value set to ten, I hit the +% button on the console, and it makes it 20 while "Plus %" is set to 10. It should have set it to 11. So I give up. But that is the button that says it's supposed to do what you're asking with regards to adding a percentage.

If you often find yourself trying to test and iterate a bunch of macros and the macro editor is slowing you down, you may want to do it in Alva Sequencer instead. There you can just type in the macro with a qwerty keyboard and rapidly iterate and test without ever going into blind. I never, ever, ever go to Eos's macro editor now unless I absolutely have to. Sequencer makes it a million times easier.

• The +% and -% keys are working as designed. They add or subtract the level by the integer set in setup, not by a percentage of the channel's current level.

To increase by 10 perecent, you can use @/110 and to decrease by 10 pecrent use @/90.

Reply Children
Related