Bug? Group cue part.

I don't get this and it feels like a bug.

When I'm typing [Group][cue][part][2] I get the selection with the channels from the group. However if i want to continue typing and for example remove channel 1 from that selection, Im all of a sudden getting the whole cue grouped instead. 

I couldn't find a way to group a part and then continue working with that selection. 

The workaround to make it work for this specific case was [Group][cue][part][2] {Make Manua} [Select Manual]. 

I'm on a Apex 20, tried on my computer and sam thing happened. 3.2.6 build 29. 

Parents
  • So if I do [Group][Cue][Part][2][-][1] [a] [/50] it properly drops intensity by 50% on only those channels in part 2 excluding channel 1. Just make sure that you do NOT press enter after part 2.... This works properly yin 3.2.7 that was just released, but I that should work in 3.2.6 as well.

• Yes, that is true and it works for me to. However it doesn't work as the rest and the selection is gone if you press [Select Last] as well. 

In a situation where I work with at lighting designer and the question is. "Whats in part 2? 
    Me: "Alright easy" [Group][Part][2][enter] "Channel 1, 2 and three!"
    LD: "Take everything in part 2 down to 20 except channel 1. 
    Me:[-][1] ** frustration that the selection is gone ** 
    Me: [Select last] ** even more frustration that my selection is gone ***  

Your solution works but it seems a bit odd that it doesn't work like the rest, don't you think? 

• I think the "textbook" answer would be [Query][Cue] x [Part] y

Which will both highlight the fixtures and will support select-last and/or appending the command.

However, if you press [shift] + [enter] it will repost the command (unterminated) which will make it appendable, similar to select last.

So for your example:

Me: "Alright easy" [Group][Part][2][enter] "Channel 1, 2 and three!"
    LD: "Take everything in part 2 down to 20 except channel 1. 
    Me:[Shift]+[Enter][-1]

• Also, another thing that might be helpful to you is the following...

Say that what the LD wanted was to only increase a specific group within a cue that has a value... Such as he only wants to update the frontlights that are in cue 1, no other fixtures in that cue...

[Query][Cue] x [Part] y [Group] [front light group number] at /120

That will now bring up all front lights that are currently in that cue 20%. But it will automatically subtract any other channels not in that more narrow group of "front light".

• Also, another thing that might be helpful to you is the following...

Say that what the LD wanted was to only increase a specific group within a cue that has a value... Such as he only wants to update the frontlights that are in cue 1, no other fixtures in that cue...

[Query][Cue] x [Part] y [Group] [front light group number] at /120

That will now bring up all front lights that are currently in that cue 20%. But it will automatically subtract any other channels not in that more narrow group of "front light".

Children
No Data
Related