Autopallette Macros

Good afternoon,

I recently went through Hog training out of necessity for a service call and was impressed by the auto-palette feature that Hog provides. I've had several shows where this would have saved me a couple of hours worth of programming, and I would love to adapt this to EOS in some way. I'm currently bashing my head against a giant macro to see if I can replicate it, but I'm wondering if someone has already gone through this process before?

My ultimate goal is to be able to select any instrument in my showfile and have the macro auto-build a basic by-type palette and run with those palettes as my defaults. My thought process is that, if I can set up the macro correctly, it will be able to do this with all of the various parameters my instruments might have without me having to go through and manually detail each profile.

There's still a lot of work to be done here, and I'm working more or less at my own leisure on this idea, so I haven't really sat down and hammered at it yet, but I have started a proof of concept macro.

My current prototype macro asks the user to select an instrument, hit enter, and then goes through all of the parameters on that fixture and sets them to 0. It then goes through each color parameter and sets it to 100%, updates a palette by type, sets that parameter to 0% and then rinses and repeats. It is currently breaking down after the first palette, so I know I have some programming errors to work out.

Any thoughts? Has anyone succeeded at this?

Thanks!

Related