Working in Offline on PC can't open show file

Hi there,

Working on a show file that I've saved to a USB stick so I can edit on PC. If I navigate the file menu to open show the OPEN text has a red bar across it and it's not showing me a show file to be able to open.

I have been into the shell and, in MAINTENANCE I have pulled in show data etc.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious..?

Let me know if you need more info and TIA

Ed

• I'm not fully understanding where you're seeing the Open text with the red bar through it. Can you post a picture?

Thank you.

• The Red bar is on purpose.
    Because opening a new show is something that can bring change to your current system and you need to be aware of the upcomming change.

On the other Hand, saving the show, indicated with a Green Bar, is alwaysa good idea and nothing is changed in your system.

See the pictures for explenation

The big question is, if you can't find a showfile to open, where are you looking in your Filestructure and what does it look like on your side?

• Ah, yes of course, i was being daft. Mathilda's reply made me understand.

The red bar doesn't tell you that the function isn't available, it tells you that you should be careful because opening a showfile can make you lose unsaved data in your current project.

If inside Open and its folder structure you're not finding showfiles that you know are in that location it could be a problem of incompatible file type. One of those cases is trying to open a showfile saved in 3.x (default file ending esf3d) with software version 2.x.

If your case is different don't hesistate to reply with further details!

Related