Submaster configuration

I updated my software and then wanted to get rid of a submaster (20) that I previously used as a Grandmaster.  Then things went odd! 

I want to use both 19 and 20 as regular subs but keep messing things up! Double clicking in the larger text box shows that these two differ from all my other subs. Whereas the other subs have only HTTP in bright white and LTP in yellow in the Master Column 19 and 20 also have Prop in yellow. I can't undo this by clicking on it. How can I get my 19 and 20 to match the others?

• Thank you for reaching out. Part of this confusion is the difference between faders and submasters.

A fader is the physical thing. Various functions and record targets can be assigned to it. A grandmaster or a submaster are some of those things that can be assigned to a fader.

What you're seeing is part of this assignment process: your faders 7 and 8 have been assigned to subs 17 and 18, but those subs currently don't exist. Subs 19 and 20 on the other hand do exist. The box where you can see "Add I-Master LTP [..]" and "Add LTP" show the linked record target's properties. Since subs 17 and 18 don't exist they don't have any properties to show.

To make subs 19 and 20 show the same way as 17 and 18 you would have to delete the subs. This will remove the record target but leave the link intact.

Does this help?

• Yes. I deleted both and things are ok. I'm still a little confused as to how and why but will use your answer to dig into submasters a lot more. Thank you. 

Related