How do I program effects in multiple parts?

Hey There!

I've been running into this problem with stopeffect, where no matter what part I put it in, It seems to error out and pull intensity and timing from Part 1. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've heard through the grapevine that this might be a known problem. Is there a known fix?

Thank you!!! 

• Thank you for reaching out. But I'm not seeing this. I just did a small experiment with a cue that has some move instructions in part 1 and StopEffect in part 2, and the effect stopped in the time of part 2.

What's your software version? If you can share the showfile I'd be happy to look into this. Email it along with cue and channel numbers that show the problem to eos(dot)moderator(at)etcconnect(dot)com.

• I'll send you a showfile with the problem. We seemed to have solved it by giving the effect itself an entrance and exit time. It's not the first time it's happed to me. For some reason the effect would stop, but it would take the light to full and then fade intensity following the time in part 1. I solved it by switching Part 1 with Part 2. Keeping all timing and parameters the same. I haven't updated yet this year, so this problem may have been solved.    

Related