Snapshots with fade time?

I'm looking to create a simple control interface for use in a small theater, with ~20 faders controlling a single channel each, and a way to store and load the faders with a bit of fade between them. Snapshots would work, except they load instantly. Is there a way to make a snapshot fade to the new values instead of instantly updating?

Otherwise, I'm thinking I could use a macro to copy each sub into another sub for saving and then reverse that process to load, but that will take a lot of coding.

I'm open to suggestions on the best way to achieve this. To sum up - I need to be able to store the current lighting, recall it, and update faders to match the lighting.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Parents
  • Snapshots are for the display layouts, not for the actual DMX control. That's what cues are for. I'm not 100% on what your requirements are exactly, do cues solve the problem?

• I need to be able to store the current lighting, recall it later, and update faders to match the lighting. So if a light is at 50% intensity in the preset you are loading, the fader will get updated to 50% to match.

Unless I missed something, neither presets nor cues update faders to reflect what is on stage, and I haven't found a way to set a fader/sub level based on a channel's level.

I did come up with a solution that involves moving around multiple faders and changing sub priority, which takes a lot of macro manipulation, but it works. Basically it lowers the priority on the currently loaded subs, saves the current preset, recalls the preset you want to load, loads the new faders while transitioning to the new preset, then once the transition is over raises the priority of the new active subs.

TBH it would probably be less work to code my own application, but at least it works.Also, snapshots that include faders do send DMX commands when loaded.

• I need to be able to store the current lighting, recall it later, and update faders to match the lighting. So if a light is at 50% intensity in the preset you are loading, the fader will get updated to 50% to match.

Unless I missed something, neither presets nor cues update faders to reflect what is on stage, and I haven't found a way to set a fader/sub level based on a channel's level.

I did come up with a solution that involves moving around multiple faders and changing sub priority, which takes a lot of macro manipulation, but it works. Basically it lowers the priority on the currently loaded subs, saves the current preset, recalls the preset you want to load, loads the new faders while transitioning to the new preset, then once the transition is over raises the priority of the new active subs.

TBH it would probably be less work to code my own application, but at least it works.Also, snapshots that include faders do send DMX commands when loaded.

Children
Related