Snapshots with fade time?

I'm looking to create a simple control interface for use in a small theater, with ~20 faders controlling a single channel each, and a way to store and load the faders with a bit of fade between them. Snapshots would work, except they load instantly. Is there a way to make a snapshot fade to the new values instead of instantly updating?

Otherwise, I'm thinking I could use a macro to copy each sub into another sub for saving and then reverse that process to load, but that will take a lot of coding.

I'm open to suggestions on the best way to achieve this. To sum up - I need to be able to store the current lighting, recall it, and update faders to match the lighting.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Parents
  • I tryed something and there is a special situation where it could work.

You need to be on Element/Element2 or use EOS with an external Faderwing.
    You will than switch your faderwing to Channelmode and still can recorde Cues and use the Cues with all the timing and the Fader would display the current output.

But only with one of those two conditions.

I didn't managed to set the Gio-Fader into Channel-Mode(probably Ti and Apex will behave the same) and i don't know if an IONxe-20 is able to use the Channel-mode (moste likely but i can not test)

• I tryed something and there is a special situation where it could work.

You need to be on Element/Element2 or use EOS with an external Faderwing.
    You will than switch your faderwing to Channelmode and still can recorde Cues and use the Cues with all the timing and the Fader would display the current output.

But only with one of those two conditions.

I didn't managed to set the Gio-Fader into Channel-Mode(probably Ti and Apex will behave the same) and i don't know if an IONxe-20 is able to use the Channel-mode (moste likely but i can not test)

Children
  • You can set the Ion Xe20's faders to channel mode by holding the [FaderPage] button pressed and then hitting the bump button of fader 20.

While FaderPage is pressed the fader display will show this for the last faders:

This is what you'll see afterwards:

The above is a copy and paste directly from the moderator’s post from a few months ago on a different subject.

Related