Preserve Native / Pan Invert

3.2.9 nomad, 3.2.8 Apex 10

i have a problem with preserve native. in 3.2.7 it does what i think it should do, but in 3.2.8 and 3.2.9 it doesn't.

i start with an empty showfile, patch one moving light. set it to a pan tilt position, record as preset, record as cue.
in patch, with Preserve Native enabled i enable Pan Invert.

in 3.2.7: the pan DMX values are the same
in 3.2.8: the pan DMX values have changed
in 3.2.9: the pan DXM values have changed.

i did not use the same showfile, i started from scratch in each software

thx, ueli

Parents
  • Hi Ueli, I double-checked this in v2.9.3 and v3.2.9.  At first I thought I confirmed your issue, but after more playing around I think I uncovered what we both were "doing wrong".

The short version is that "Preserve Native" is ignored when you go to Patch and toggle Pan Invert / Tilt Invert / Swap Pan and Tilt.  Anything that is Live on stage (manual data or Cue data, say) will change to reflect that toggling.  In this way, you would immediately see a moving light invert or swap pan/tilt without having to change that setting, then start moving the light to see how it reacts.

IF Preserve Native is enabled, though, when you play back a cue or FP or preset, the DMX values you originally stored will be used.

By the way, this also happens if you are swapping fixture types with Preserve Native enabled - If you have Cue 1 active on stage, then change out a fixture type, the new fixture will try to meet the User Value of Cue 1.  When you GoToCue 1, the recorded DMX value that you expected is played back.

• Hi Ueli, I double-checked this in v2.9.3 and v3.2.9.  At first I thought I confirmed your issue, but after more playing around I think I uncovered what we both were "doing wrong".

The short version is that "Preserve Native" is ignored when you go to Patch and toggle Pan Invert / Tilt Invert / Swap Pan and Tilt.  Anything that is Live on stage (manual data or Cue data, say) will change to reflect that toggling.  In this way, you would immediately see a moving light invert or swap pan/tilt without having to change that setting, then start moving the light to see how it reacts.

IF Preserve Native is enabled, though, when you play back a cue or FP or preset, the DMX values you originally stored will be used.

By the way, this also happens if you are swapping fixture types with Preserve Native enabled - If you have Cue 1 active on stage, then change out a fixture type, the new fixture will try to meet the User Value of Cue 1.  When you GoToCue 1, the recorded DMX value that you expected is played back.

Children
No Data
Related