MASTERED CELLS in multi cell fixture profile

Can anyone help me with what does MASTERED CELLS setting do in multi cell fixtures? I wrote a couple profile myself, check it on and off I can not see any difference when im operating. Thanks

Parents
  • This decides if the cell intensity should be controlled by the master intensity as well. For most multicell products you probably want this to be checked. If you use a channel with cell as organisational tool unmastered may make sense, but for multicell fixtures this should usually be enabled.

mastered cells:
    Chan 1 at 50, 1.1 at Full
    -> cell 1 produces half the output it could

unmastered cells:
    Chan 1 at 50, 1.1 at Full
    -> cell 1 produces the full output it can

Especially if you want to use marking with multicell fixtures you need mastered cells. to make it work well.

• Thanks for replying, does this only affect on intensity and other parameters like color, fan as well? And if I only use virtual intensity in master channel or fixture has builtin master intensity dmx channel doest it work without mastered the cell channels to change the cell intensity by changing main intensity anyways?

• The cell hierarchy is for everything, but Mastered Cells affects intensity a lot and color a bit less. The other parameters are indirectly affected through marking.

Intensity:
    The cell intensity is the product of master intensity and cell intensity, if a cell is mastered.

Color:
    If you have a virtual intensity for an additive color mixing system you have connected the output of the color parameters to intensity. So the DMX values produced by (e.g.) RGB parameters depend on the virtual intensity. This happens for mastered and unmastered cells. But because the cell intensity is affected by the mastered cells property, color parameters are indirectly affected by this property as well.

Other parameters:
    Because marking only happens when intensity is at 0, and the mastered cells property helps decide when intensity for a cell actually is at 0, this property will affect the other parameters as well. Not their value but their ability to be marked.

• The cell hierarchy is for everything, but Mastered Cells affects intensity a lot and color a bit less. The other parameters are indirectly affected through marking.

Intensity:
    The cell intensity is the product of master intensity and cell intensity, if a cell is mastered.

Color:
    If you have a virtual intensity for an additive color mixing system you have connected the output of the color parameters to intensity. So the DMX values produced by (e.g.) RGB parameters depend on the virtual intensity. This happens for mastered and unmastered cells. But because the cell intensity is affected by the mastered cells property, color parameters are indirectly affected by this property as well.

Other parameters:
    Because marking only happens when intensity is at 0, and the mastered cells property helps decide when intensity for a cell actually is at 0, this property will affect the other parameters as well. Not their value but their ability to be marked.

Children
No Data
Related