Help/Tips for reprogramming an entire system.

Hi! 

So, I'm (kind of) new to programming lights, and this year I've taken over an ETC ION system at a high school. The senior who left it to me messed it up A LOT. I was wondering if anyone had some instructions/tips or resources for re-patching my whole setup? It's just insanely messed up and I think starting from scratch might be best, my director also has no idea how anything works. I've watched all of the etc ion video library videos and I'm not sure where else to look. If anyone has something please let me know! 

Also, ask away if there are any questions about the system, I can (probably) answer them.

Parents
  • Please clarify what you mean by "messed it up A LOT."  "Where else to look" for what?  What is it you don't like about the current setup?  Is it the patch?  the cues?  the subs?  macros?  labels or lack thereof?  channel assignments?  etc...

Can you turn on the lights from the board?  Do you know the DMX addresses of all your instruments and the type of instruments?  That info should be in the current patch.  With that information, you can clear the entire show and begin to patch from scratch and enter your show data as you see fit.

You could try uploading the current show file which could help in understanding your issue.

• Please clarify what you mean by "messed it up A LOT."  "Where else to look" for what?  What is it you don't like about the current setup?  Is it the patch?  the cues?  the subs?  macros?  labels or lack thereof?  channel assignments?  etc...

Can you turn on the lights from the board?  Do you know the DMX addresses of all your instruments and the type of instruments?  That info should be in the current patch.  With that information, you can clear the entire show and begin to patch from scratch and enter your show data as you see fit.

You could try uploading the current show file which could help in understanding your issue.

Children
No Data
Related