Connecting iRFR without router

Our university will not allow us to add a router to our Ion therefore we cannot use the app.  At one point we had it connected to the university internet through an VLAN connection but an update on the old board screwed that up.  Anyway,  has anyone experienced this before and have a solution?

Thanks!!!

Parents
  • The big thing these days is cyber security. This is why you can't just plug in and make something work. Spanning tree protocols will detect unmanaged switches and block traffic. If you can work with the IT department and get a Vlan setup that is not routable and not able to get to the internet it would be advantageous. 

You say IT can sniff out rouge WiFi. You may be able to connect a Wifi AP to the 2nd port of the console and only turn it on when needed (such as focus) then remove it when not required. I wonder how IT feel about hotspot off a phone? effectively a rouge wifi.

I still maintain the best approach is to work with IT and even if you can get someone in the space to show what is needed and even if you have your venue Ipad(s) have the network locked only to that device(s).

Just some random thoughts.

• The big thing these days is cyber security. This is why you can't just plug in and make something work. Spanning tree protocols will detect unmanaged switches and block traffic. If you can work with the IT department and get a Vlan setup that is not routable and not able to get to the internet it would be advantageous. 

You say IT can sniff out rouge WiFi. You may be able to connect a Wifi AP to the 2nd port of the console and only turn it on when needed (such as focus) then remove it when not required. I wonder how IT feel about hotspot off a phone? effectively a rouge wifi.

I still maintain the best approach is to work with IT and even if you can get someone in the space to show what is needed and even if you have your venue Ipad(s) have the network locked only to that device(s).

Just some random thoughts.

Children
Related