Macro - Target to User

Hi, I am trying to figure out why one of my Macro's is not working.   I am sure it has in the past, but not 100%

Its basically sending a clear command line and a sneak to a User on the system - In this case the user is the IPAD assigned USER.  As i can not do a Device as a Target for the IPAD.    On my Show Magic sheet i have the command lines for the Programmer Console -  Main and Backup Consoles and a backstage RVI and the Ipad.  I use different users on all for clarity sake.

I have tried all three modes - nothing - Foreground and Background, with no effect.  

Running Eos 3.2.8 i think, - 1 behind due to tour beginning then Slight smile

Any thoughts or suggestions on why this may not be working or if its just the User Target can only have certain Commands fired to it.

I made a get around, but its console specfic  - Marco that changes local user, does the sneak and clear command line and then goes back to the Assigned user for the Gio.  not ideal long term,

Cheers for any help 

Parents
  • I wouldn't say that there is a limit what can be sent to a user, but to be sure it works you need to be sure that the iPad has the user ID you think it has and you should use Foreground Mode.

• Thanks for response, I have the command line for 25 on a magic sheet, and confirm the iPad uses this user.   If I change the user on the console to 25 and then use the macro it functions.  If I am on user 1 on console, and have something left on command line, macro does not function as I thought, I do not see the command line clear.  Normally it’s in foreground. I think I did a screen grab with it in a trial of background. 

Even if I try user 2 (apex RPU), and have something still in command line, like go to cue out, and want to clear it from console, it still does not clear unless I’m actually in the same user number 

is the target user designed to only affect the user you are currently using rather than users that are other consoles or behind the scenes.

cheers all

• Ok, that does very much sound like the iPad is indeed user 25 Slight smile

Yes you can send a macro to another user to clear their command line, I regularly use this and am currently using it in 3.2.8. To make sure it's not a phenomenon with the remote app, let's try to figure it out with the RPU and then make sure that it works with the remote afterwards.

• when I am at the system tomorrow I’ll try to change it to user 2 and have something on command line and also make the Rpu user 25 to see if it’s something to do with it having to be an active user somewhere. I have had the iPad open and closed (using official app)

will report back and I’ll also look at the tab99 to see what is being spat out. 

Reply Children
Related