Effect does not use part timing

Example:
Simple Color Fx with in and out timing set to Cue/Sub.
Cue 1: Color effect running on some fixtures
Cue 2: Part 1: (Time 12s)Something else happens
Cue 2: Part 2: (Time 1s) FX Stops and fixtures fade to a static color.

I expect the lights to fade to their static color in 1 second.

But the Stop Effect, although its written in part 2, seems to use the timing of Part 1.

Tested on EOS TI and Nomad.
Version 3.2.9 Build 16

Parents
  • Thank you for the email and the instructions.

Part 1 has the FX stop, part 2 the color palette.
    The result looks correct to me.

I went ahead and moved the FX stop to part 2 and the color palette in part 1.
    The result seems to reflect the changes.

The one thing that tripped me up at first was that non-FX color changes seemed to be following the time of the FX stop. This only happened because the color values of cue 1 and 2 were the same.

Long story short: I'm not seeing what you describe. Would you mind re-checking the showfile?

• Thank you for your reply. I think I have found the problem: there is a difference between the Blind Spreadsheet view and the Summary view.

What happened is that I was working in the summary view.
    In part 1 the text "stop" is grey and in part 2 "stop" is blue. This led me to believe that i had moved the stop effect to part 2, but it was not.

In the Spreadsheet view I can see that the stop effect is assigned to part 1 and the color is assigned to part 2.

In conclusion, there is nothing wrong with the timing of the effects in the parts.
    BUT i think the display of the stop in the Summary view is misleading or perhabs wrong.

• You're right, I was looking at it in spreadsheet format.

What you're seeing in summary view is indeed already written up as display bug:

[EOS-54741]
    Blind Tombstone font color for effect is incorrect in part cues

I will add a note that you came across this as well.

Reply Children
No Data
Related