ION sub glitch

Having a strange glitch on my ION.  I have a 2 channel hazer recorded on two fader subs; 59 is the haze channel and 60 is the haze blower channel.

Here is how I created them:  the hazer is patched to channel 250 at address 2/475 and 2/476.  Keypad 250 enter.  Opened the ML conrol and rolled the haze to full.  Recorded sub 59, label Haze and assigned it to fader 59 (I have 60 faders on wings).  Next zeroed out the haze in the ML control and rolled the haze blower to full and recorded that as sub 60, label haze fan and assigned that to fader 60.

I have been running 59 around 10% and 60 around 25%.  Sometimes when I bring down sub 59 to temporarily shut off the haze, it remains at 10% on the screen and i'm pretty sure output at the hazer.  When that happens (it's random) if I leave 59's fader off and then bring down the sub 60 fader, 59 zeros out; kind of like it releases 59.  Then I can bring 60 back up to 25% and control 59 all I want until if freezes again.

Again it's random

Parents
  • Hi Jeff,

Possibly a stupid question but...

Jeff Toussieng said:
    Next zeroed out the haze in the ML control

If you did this rather than sneaking it you're actually recording a zero value in Sub 59, so depending on the priorities of your Subs, it would retain control of that parameter. This could still be overridden by Sub 60 though, but when that fader is taken to zero it is likely handing back control to Sub 59.

Cheers

Dan

• Any question you ask me is not dumb.  :-)

What's real strange is it is random.

I rolled the haze wheel to 100 and recorded that as 59 haze

Then I rolled the haze wheel to zero then rolled the blower wheel to 100 then recorded 60 as the fan.

I will delete both subs and re-record them by sneaking and see what happens tonight.

Thanks

• Easier way of doing that would be to open up the subs in blind.

If there's any value for anything other than the haze in sub 59, and the blower in sub 60, you can clear those out by selecting those attributes and pressing [@] [Enter].

For example if there's blower data in sub 59, the keystrokes would be {250} [Blower] [@] [Enter]

You can post [Blower] to the command line by pressing the text "Blower" above the wheel in the virtual faders.

• Sam,

Thanks for updates.  I've been busy getting this show ready for opening night tomorrow, so I was just now able to read your latest post.

After I perfomed the earlier mentioned steps of rolling the wheel to clear stuff and updating the subs what happened then was when I brought 59 up to 10 and 60 up to 25 then raised 59, 60 started droping value.  When I raised 60, 59 reacted.  I gave up and instead patched my two channel hazer as two individual dimmers; channel 200 as the haze address 475 and channel 201 as the blower address 476, recorded each individually on each sub; 59 haze and 60 blower and now I'm off and running again.  That's actually how I have been running my hazer (same Radiance) all along but first time at my church we used their Radiance as a patched 2 channel Radiance Hazer device.  When I get more time i'll propably fool with it again, but for now, the show must go on and i'm very comfortable working two subs technically as dimmers but labeled haze and fan.

• That is a great workaround, I often dumb things down to dimmers as well when it's something that easy.

Just re-created this in the offline editor, whats happening is your "blower" sub has a zero value for the "haze" attribute, which means as you raise your blower sub, your haze value will move to zero. Example:

Blower sub to 50%, putting your Blower value at 50.

Haze sub to 50%. This puts your Haze attribute to 50, however since it also has a zero value for your Blower attribute, it lowers the Blower to 50% of the way to zero (taking the value of 50 and moving it to 25)

If you feel like playing with this some more, the way of avoiding this would be to do a selective record {Channel} [Haze] [Record] [Sub] {x}, or to take out the values in blind like I showed above.

When you look at the sub in Blind, you should not see any hard 0's, instead everything other than the attribute you want to control should be blank.

Hope this helps!

• Sam,

Thanks bunches.  I will mess with it.  At least ive got a running show this weekend

Reply Children
No Data
Related