Change Request: Cameo MovoBeam Z 100

Hey there,

I'd like to request the following change:

Fixture/Mode: Cameo MOVOBeam Zoom 100 36ch MC [36] [5 Cells]

EOS version: v3.x / Augment3d

Manual: https://www.cameolight.com/en/downloads/file/id/528301178

The endless pan and tilt modes can't be seen in Augment3d. I added a virtual Pan Mode. I changed the source of the modes of Pan fromt Pan 2 to Pan Mode and changed Pan 2 to Pan Rotate with modes given by Pan Mode but it still does not show up. I am able to change modes of Pan and Pan Rotate at the same time but it does not help. Same applies for tilt. I can't say exactly how it has to be changed. It seems to be complicated.

Moreover the Pan and Tilt ranges are wrong. Both are given from -100 to +100:
    Pan goes from -180 to +360 (since it is 540° rotation)
    Tilt goes from -135 to 135 (since it is 270° rotation)

Also in the given fixture profile I can't stop rotation. There is no stop (channel 3 and 6 each on 127-128)

There some more issues. Like strobe user ranges. I wasn't able to figure it out exactly. But I think the Labels of ranges are codewords for Augment3d, aren't they? Is there some kind of table to be able to match the real life as best as possible to the Augment3d fixtures?

Furthermore the LED Ring is full on by default. Since the "master channel" is the beam lamp and the Cells are given as not mastered, the LED Ring is always on. I'd like the int home value of the Cell "MOVOBeam Zoom 100 36 channel RGB sector (Cell)" to be changed to 0. Also in programming it is weird to select Cell 2 to 5 to actually access these LED sectors. I'd like them to be Cell 1 to 4 and the channel Ring to be cell 5. Since it is just about strobe, Color-Macros and Dimming the LED ring, it is not used as much.

Zoom range should also be DMX 255-0 and User 4-30 in order to fit the real life fixture. In manual it is given from 4° to 30°.

That's it for now Joy

I just used the 36ch MC Mode, I think ranges in other modes could need a change too.

If you'd like I can share my testing showfile with changed fixture somehow.

Thanks,

Lars

• Hi Lars,

Thank you for your feedback. There are some parts of this that we can tackle in the fixture library and some that will need to be user edits to match your preference for ordering.

The endless pan and tilt modes can't be seen in Augment3d

This is true. Endless Pan and Tilt are not currently supported by Augment3d so they are not visualized there. If that is something that you'd like us to support in the future, I would recommend submitting a feature request here:  Eos Family Feature Requests 

It seems to be complicated.

Yes, this mode is quite complicated. It is saying that when channel 3 or 6 are in a certain range, then it will change what channels 1/2 and 4/5 do respectively.

Moreover the Pan and Tilt ranges are wrong. Both are given from -100 to +100:
        Pan goes from -180 to +360 (since it is 540° rotation)
        Tilt goes from -135 to 135 (since it is 270° rotation)

In the current fixture library (3.0.2.21), the ranges are defined as -270 to 270 and -135 to 135 for pan and tilt respectively. If you are seeing -100 to 100, I would recommend updating your fixture library and fixtures first to see if that gives what you are looking to see.

Note: I do see that is reporting as percentage not degrees so I'll get that submitted for you.

Also in the given fixture profile I can't stop rotation. There is no stop (channel 3 and 6 each on 127-128)

This is true given that the Pan2 and Tilt2 parameters just combined the whole of the rotation options into a single range. I'll submit that for you, but in the meantime, you can edit the home value of the Rot range in Pan2/Tilt2 to be 128 instead of 131.

But I think the Labels of ranges are codewords for Augment3d, aren't they? Is there some kind of table to be able to match the real life as best as possible to the Augment3d fixtures?

You are correct. Fixture profiles are normalized to a standard vocabulary and that vocabulary affects what Augment3d visualizes. See this support article for more information about that: https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Augment3d/Linking_Augment3d_Functionality_with_Eos_Fixture_Personalities

Furthermore the LED Ring is full on by default. Since the "master channel" is the beam lamp and the Cells are given as not mastered, the LED Ring is always on. I'd like the int home value of the Cell "MOVOBeam Zoom 100 36 channel RGB sector (Cell)" to be changed to 0.

We always default LED fixtures to have their intensity on so that when colors are chosen they can be seen. You can edit your fixture profile to change this home value to match your preference however.  I'll look deeper into this. It may have been the Cell homed on so the master channel would turn it on, but I'll dig deeper.

Also in programming it is weird to select Cell 2 to 5 to actually access these LED sectors. I'd like them to be Cell 1 to 4 and the channel Ring to be cell 5. Since it is just about strobe, Color-Macros and Dimming the LED ring, it is not used as much.

This was done because the manufacturer lists the Ring first in their DMX definitions. You can edit the master cell numbers in the fixture editor if you wish to change the order to match your preferences.

Zoom range should also be DMX 255-0 and User 4-30 in order to fit the real life fixture. In manual it is given from 4° to 30°.

I see that the zoom is currently 10-50 degrees so we'll get that updated too. Are you reporting that DMX 0 = widest beam (30deg)  and 255 = smallest beam (4deg)?

• Hey starksk,

thank you a lot for the detailed answer.

About the order of cells and about home values: I already changed it in my showfile but thought it may confuse others too. But thank you anyway.

You are correct. Fixture profiles are normalized to a standard vocabulary and that vocabulary affects what Augment3d visualizes. See this support article for more information about that: https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Augment3d/Linking_Augment3d_Functionality_with_Eos_Fixture_Personalities

That is what I was looking for. Thank you a lot Blush

In the current fixture library (3.0.2.21), the ranges are

Oh I see, my bad. I indeed only have fixture library 3.1.0.15

I see that the zoom is currently 10-50 degrees so we'll get that updated too. Are you reporting that DMX 0 = widest beam (30deg)  and 255 = smallest beam (4deg)?

I do. DMX 0 is the widest beam (30°) and DMX 255 is the smallest beam (4°).

We always default LED fixtures to have their intensity on so that when colors are chosen they can be seen. You can edit your fixture profile to change this home value to match your preference however.

Aren't the color channels default on and only intensity is out? Maybe I do not understand. But for example a Generic LED RGB also has the virtual int homed at 0 and the red, green and blue channels all homed at 255. With that in mind I thought those LED segments are like a generic LED RGB so the int has to be homed at 0. And I thought it is strange that it is on after patching Joy

Thank you and best regards

Lars

• Hey starksk,

thank you for your detailed answer. I just answered but it is flagged as spam. I hope it will be shown here as soon as possible. I made a few comments on your answers.

Thanks anyway and best regard

Lars

• For some reason it thought there were too many repeated words.

• I do. DMX 0 is the widest beam (30°) and DMX 255 is the smallest beam (4°).

Got it. Thanks.

Aren't the color channels default on and only intensity is out? Maybe I do not understand

You're right. I totally inverted that in my mind. Need more coffee...

Related