A really easy guid for how to use the nomad

Here is the script

ETC Rep: Hi, So you have a new nomad device, GREAT! Are you a lighting designer who knows everything there is to know about Lighting? If so this is not the video for you. If you are a new user, or a high school theatre teacher needing to know how to set up the nomad for use THIS IS THE RIGHT VIDEO FOR YOU!!!

The First step is X (see x is where you explain how to do the first step, such as plugging it into your computer.

Step two is. . .  (tell us what to do. Thats all, we don't care about the powerful functions of the machine, such as it can blow your nose for you, we want to know what is next in making our intelligent lights shine on the stage)

Step three is (you can probably tell this is a pattern. Please something like this would be much more use than throwing the damn thing out the indow and telling my students that we are going to do primitive theatre because Shakespeare didn't have stage lights and neither will we. . .) 

Thanks for your help, and I'm really looking for that guide. 

Parents
  • Chris - I see where you're going, but you might be missing the point that Nomad is not at all different from any other ETC EOS based console. They offer lovely training videos that go over all of the concepts in a bite sized section in a progressive learning environment. Of course, those videos will also cover many things your specific environment might not care about -- so you might want to create a custom YouTube playlist for your environment, or perhaps do what I've done an create my own "getting started videos" that are extremely specific to my environment, and then make the official videos available for those who want to learn more. For example in one environment it's completely magic sheet driven - which is very easy for a novice operator, but is completely unique to our location.

Comment
  • Chris - I see where you're going, but you might be missing the point that Nomad is not at all different from any other ETC EOS based console. They offer lovely training videos that go over all of the concepts in a bite sized section in a progressive learning environment. Of course, those videos will also cover many things your specific environment might not care about -- so you might want to create a custom YouTube playlist for your environment, or perhaps do what I've done an create my own "getting started videos" that are extremely specific to my environment, and then make the official videos available for those who want to learn more. For example in one environment it's completely magic sheet driven - which is very easy for a novice operator, but is completely unique to our location.

Children
No Data