Color Palettes - Manually Override Color Swatch

I'd love the ability to override the color swatch that displays in direct selects for color palettes. Either choosing a leader channel, or the ability to choose your own RGB value. I have some palettes that choose color wheel chips on movers and those only show white for example. Additionally, if you have RGB fixtures that display less than perfect colors but I have color palettes set to match them as best as possible, it would be nice to be able to see on screen what you're supposed to see.

I know you can combat this by putting a fixture at the very highest channel stored in the color palette to  combat this, but having that functionality built in would be awesome..

Parents
  • The color swatch is informed by the highest channel in said palette with color information, By Type channels included (so a channel with purple information will affect the swatch).  Usually I have a dummy channel patched to the highest possible channel for exactly this -- dictating exactly what the color swatch shows.

• Yep I've employed this tactic in the past too! My request is for built-in functionality that overrides the swatch at the color palette list level, rather than using a dummy channel.

Comment Children
  • Fair.  I'd also enjoy being able to have magic sheets use the swatch instead of what the console thinks color is, because even when you check the different settings in the color picker it'll be horrendously wrong as something to represent what the fixture is doing on a magic sheet.

• 100% agree! I've loved mathilda's icon suggestion, as it lets me put whatever I want in an icon. Unfortunately that does not copy over to magic sheets, unless you use the icon which isn't what I'd normally want - I want it to link to the target color so when I change it, it changes everywhere.