Planned for Future

Feature Request - Split Time Countdown Stopwatch

This was posted by Rick Martin a couple of month ago in the Forum but I thought I should add it to this list?

https://community.etcconnect.com/control_consoles/eos-family-consoles/f/eos-family/30229/feature-request---split-time-countdown-stopwatch/99648#99648

A quote:

"I was recently working in Germany on a console with a feature that was amazingly useful. The stopwatch had a start, pause and stop tag that you could attach to specific cues. Once attached, when you ran a show the first time, it acted like a split-time stopwatch This was fine enough, but the magic happened the next time when the cue stack ran the second time. Then, the stopwatch became a countdown timer - giving you and the console operator a relative idea of how much time existed before the next cue was called.

Obviously as a lighting designer this gave an indication of how much time you had to work live before the next cue was executed. For the console operator, it gave them an idea within performances how much time they had to step away, or whatever. As a side note, the Master Electrician told me that this feature was the sole reason that they haven't migrated out of this console into ETC, and I can see why - as a repertory house where the console operator changes not only night by night, but call by call, any of them could walk into a project they weren't familiar with and run the show with more confidence.

Please consider adding this into the Eos line.

Thanks so much,

Rick Martin"

Parents Comment Children
  • Timer functions, in general, are desired throughout eos. The ability to add a stopwatch with count up/count down, with or without cue-linked triggers (ie start a 10 minute timer when cue X completes or tap to start/pause/reset timers), in addition to those as listed in the original post above would all be appreciated.