Under Review

Feature requests specific to film/tv

Please add a color crossfade fixture that can xfade between a ww and cw channel via a custom color temp virtual param (this exists in other desks and would be extremely helpful to those film&TV)

And please remove the 12 virtual layer limit in pixel maps. Another request specific to the film/tv community, specifically for poor mans process where you have much more discrete control animating layers of PNG images rather than video and a 12 layer limit is frustrating and unnecessary. 

Cheers,

Ray Roy

Lighting Console Programmer - IATSE Local 52

Parents
  • Hey Ray,

As a fellow TV/Film programmer I'm trying to decipher your request.  Where are you asking for the color crossfade fixture?  In pixel maps? Or are you asking that a virtual color temp parameter be available on ALL fixtures, similar to "Virtual HSB" where you can cross fade between the lights native color and the desk's mathematical approximation of what the requested color temp would be - similar to how crossfade works on a sky panel, except virtually?

• I'd imagine he's wanting a way of defining the color temp of ww and cw individually and then having a virtual parameter you can change the curve on to match the fade between the two temps.  Currently we all do it through palettes for 2700-6000 but it makes tweaks and nudges more difficult.

• exactly. except on a patch level. specific use case scenario in  TV film would be a generic 2 address WW/CW fixture becomes an intensity parameter and a color temp parameter that the user can define top and bottom user values in fixture editor, the bottom of that parameter is WW full and CW out, the top of same parameter is CW full and WW out... the benefit is then being able to use that fixture exactly like all the other film/TV lights we use that have color temp parameters. HOG programmers have this ability and I'm told their generic profile for this is called "color crossfade".... not to be confused with color crossfade parameter on say a Skypanel.

• regarding your Color-Temp issue.

Isn't it possible to have your fixture in a WW (the information is comming from a Cue, the Homevalue, a Preset, ...) and then simply have a CW-Palett on a fader that can be rolled in?

Comment Children
No Data