Macro Comments

Duplicate of here.

Parents
  • I find myself with macros that look like this frequently, and it takes a hot minute to figure out what they do (with more specificity than the label provides).

Small chunks of macro code are often reusable many times in lots of different macros, and it's a lore more maintainable to split it off into a sub-macro, than have to update the same logic many times. But macros like this are also difficult to maintain because it's very difficult to parse what's happening.

I think we should be able to put in standard code comments, either `# my comment` or `// my comment` or similar.

Then that macro can look like:

Macro_Button 7236 // Cancel Shutdown
    Macro_Button 7030 // Push default snapshots to all users
    Macro_Button 7999 // Disable warning beacon
    Macro 7233 Copy_To 7231 // Replace "cancel shutdown" button with "start shutdown" button

Macro_Button 7907 // Send "shutdown sequence aborted" message

Comment
  • I find myself with macros that look like this frequently, and it takes a hot minute to figure out what they do (with more specificity than the label provides).

Small chunks of macro code are often reusable many times in lots of different macros, and it's a lore more maintainable to split it off into a sub-macro, than have to update the same logic many times. But macros like this are also difficult to maintain because it's very difficult to parse what's happening.

I think we should be able to put in standard code comments, either `# my comment` or `// my comment` or similar.

Then that macro can look like:

Macro_Button 7236 // Cancel Shutdown
    Macro_Button 7030 // Push default snapshots to all users
    Macro_Button 7999 // Disable warning beacon
    Macro 7233 Copy_To 7231 // Replace "cancel shutdown" button with "start shutdown" button

Macro_Button 7907 // Send "shutdown sequence aborted" message

Children
No Data