Macroable Format / Hold Format Button

From what I can tell, there is no current way to use macros to set the live/blind channel display format to a known state, without using snapshots or other trickery. There is a "/eos/key/spreadsheet" command listed in the manual, but it seems to error out and have no effect. Being able to directly use macros to set display formats would be a much appreciated addition.

Additionally, the Format button could be tweaked to behave similarly to the Flexi button in live/blind channel display. For example, you could hold the Format button in Blind and select Spreadsheet from a popup menu or softkey to access Blind Spreadsheet.

Parents
  • If I'm not mistaken the "/eos/key/spreadsheet" command you're referring to is an OSC Key not executable by a macro? You can trigger snapshots by macro though. Is there a reason you're adverse to snapshots? Particularly in the days of magic sheets snapshots can really be a helpful way to quickly navigate the displays of the console and give you lots of flexibility within the desk. Seeing as you're no more than 2? button pushes of the format button away from the spreadsheet in blind does a macro necessarily speed up that process?

Comment
  • If I'm not mistaken the "/eos/key/spreadsheet" command you're referring to is an OSC Key not executable by a macro? You can trigger snapshots by macro though. Is there a reason you're adverse to snapshots? Particularly in the days of magic sheets snapshots can really be a helpful way to quickly navigate the displays of the console and give you lots of flexibility within the desk. Seeing as you're no more than 2? button pushes of the format button away from the spreadsheet in blind does a macro necessarily speed up that process?

Children
  • You are correct. However, I was referring to the new Command magic sheet object (which can execute macros, button presses, or osc commands).

I’m not adverse to using snapshots, they’re a great tool. But I would like to have the option to add a Command object to a magic sheet to set a specific format for a tab. This allows me to take a single magic sheet from show to show, and not have to create snapshots, spreadsheets, or macros if I don’t want to.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with adding additional functionality and flexibility for programmers.