I'm a theatre teacher at a junior high and am just starting to dabble into the lighting world. I have a show next season that I know I'll want very specific lighting changes as audio plays. I've always heard QLab is great for this.
A few things:
1. I can't afford anything but the free version.
2. I have the etc eos nomad educational package. It is fully updated.
1. Is the free version enough for me? I definitely can't afford the a full version.
2. Is there another program that will play audio and light cues simultaneously?
3. How can I get Qlab to control my eos cues? I've read a lot of tutorials but they are very much over my head. Anyone that can dumb it down? I see a lot about OSC but get lost in the technicality of that very quickly.
Any tips, tricks, or advice anyone has to help me run eos nomad with a program that can play the songs for the musical would be amazing.
Johnny2886 said:1. Is the free version enough for me? I definitely can't afford the a full version.
Also be aware that you can rent a QLab license just for the period of your show. That may make it financially possible to use a Pro license which will allow Network Cues to control the Ion from QLab.