XE with old 2X20 wing converted to new

I am banging my head against the console trying to figure out how to fix this:

Every time I drop subs onto a fader on my 2x20 wing it also populates the XE fader(s). Example: sub 1 thru 10 enter, depress two buttons under first (top right) fader of the wing and 1 thru 10 post on them plus on the top row of 10 faders on the XE.

Whatever I do on the wing duplicates on the XE and vice versa

I went to set up and fader found wing config but it seems it is either manual config on or off. When I select on it shows a picture of the wing. When I pick identify it shows it as 1. When I pick Apply nothing happens except Apply disappears. I don't see any way to set anything on it either with config on or off. 

• Funny you would suggest that. I actually was originally on page 7 (unk why) and the subs did not do what I described however looking at the sub/sub screen it got a little confusing why subs were assigned to different fader pages. Example: the top right fader of the wing showed 7/1 however the next 9 showed 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc. I didn't understand why so I asked myself why am I not on page 1 for everything to show 1/1, 1/2, etc. through to 1/60. 

Sooo what I don't understand, if that is the actual fix, is why does the console not see the wing and 60 faders and on page 1 treat them as 60 faders on page 1? I can see changing pages moves things around however I would think 1 would start in order with 6 different groups.

I also don't understand, now that you say to change, why page 7 fixed it. There are technically 6 sets of faders so going to page 7 I would think would take everything back to page 1 order.

I'm sure once I understand how the console reads the groups of faders and what order as pages are changed then I probably would say: Oh yeah, that's right!

Also what is the Fader Config all about in Setup?

• Fader configuration in setup has been replaced by the Fader Configuration tab - Tab 36. The tab allows you to change many more fader parameters in one place.

As far as EOS is concerned, a fader page is always 10 faders. Page 1 is always 1-10, page 2 is always 11-20, etc. This is clearly shown in the fader configuration tab.

With a fader wing attached, the default fader mapping on the fader wing (starts with page 1) may overlap with the console, which means that you would have faders showing up on both the fader wing and console.

-Todd

• Thank you Todd. I went to page 7 and it solved. Also opened tab 36 and see it on the + screen also as a choice. Just a quick end; what is the purpose of the wing config manual on/off in setup?

• The fader wing manual config in Setup is to match the physical layout of the fader wings to how the console maps them.

The console will start numbering with (what it thinks is) the left-most fader wing, so if that doesn't match your actual physical layout, you can arrange the fader wings manually in Setup.

You can see examples of this in the online manual - Tab 100. Go to Setup>Device>Fader Wing Config.

-Todd

• purrfect. I will look that up. Thanks again Todd.

Related