Why do CueLists need a Fader?

This is another of my never-ending frustrations.

I have multiple CueLists controlling everything from Lobby Lights to House Lights to Focus order.... Each of these I control via a Macro or the RFR, NEVER via a Fader.

but every time I invoke one of these CueLists, EOS assigns it to a Fader.... Which I then have to unassign to keep my Fader Pages rolling fine. I actually built into my Houselight Macros to delete Fader 5/1 after each execution.

Why is this a desired function and is there a way to disable it?

Parents
  • I too am curious about the logic especially with the way I program is very hog / MA oriented depending on the needs of the show, so I program shows very concert like. Of course, I don't think I am ever expecting to have similar fluid control in Eos as I do in those consoles on the hardware (fader) side. 

However, the auto cue list creation doesn't make sense to me and it doesn't seem to do me any good other than create clutter where I don't actually need it. I guess it makes sense for very simple theatrical settings to have other cue lists just load to the faders but, I'm not a fan of it in the slightest.

• I too am curious about the logic especially with the way I program is very hog / MA oriented depending on the needs of the show, so I program shows very concert like. Of course, I don't think I am ever expecting to have similar fluid control in Eos as I do in those consoles on the hardware (fader) side. 

However, the auto cue list creation doesn't make sense to me and it doesn't seem to do me any good other than create clutter where I don't actually need it. I guess it makes sense for very simple theatrical settings to have other cue lists just load to the faders but, I'm not a fan of it in the slightest.

Children
No Data
Related