aRFR on Samsung Tab 3 Android 4.4.2 Not Working

Heyyo
Hoping to find some kind of answer.

I have an old Samsung Tab 3 with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat I believe) on it, of which I had used the aRFR classic for years.

I always had trouble with the Newer Version of the App.  It would open and then simply crash when I attempted to do anything.

This year we upgraded to 2.8.2.8 and I recently had need of my tablet for use with our GIO consoles.

It seems I now get a Disconnected from Console error whenever I try to connect the classic app,

I can not find a reason why.  I have even gone as far as to factory reset the tablet and reinstall everything and still the same result.

I do not have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8

Thanks

Parents
  • I believe your Android OS version is too old to run the newer version of the App.
    As for not being able to connect with the classic version-  do you consistently remain connected to your WAP or Router when the error occurs?  Do you have Wifi remote enabled in settings and in the Setup do you have "allow remotes?" 

• You are correct about the newer app.  It is not compatible with the android version on the device in question.

Yes, I remain connected to my WAP when the error occurs.

Wifi remote is enabled in settings and in the setup it allows remotes.

I can connect the new app on my old tablet which sometimes crashes immediately, other times I may get as far as 1 channel @ Full.
    I can connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 with classic and new aRFR with no issues as can 6 other technicians.

Our 8-year-old Ipads can connect with the Classic iRFR but they will not run the Newer version of the iRFR.

It only seems to be my Samsung Tab 3 that is having this issue, even after a factory reset and ONLY INSTALLING the Classic aRFR.,

Thanks again...

• I apologize I'm a bit confused.
    The Tab 3 is running Android v4.4.2, and using the Classic App, you have it installed but it will not stay connected, yes?

You have a second tablet which is connecting without issue.  Yes?

Reply Children
No Data
Related