Cue Copy Limiters or more granular control

So I have found a lot of the time designers may say to copy a cue over another one but keep the label, it would be really good if you could filter the copy of cues down. For example, you could copy a cue - label, or copy a cue data only leaving all timing, label, notes, scene breaks ect as they are. This would also be useful when copying a cue with a scene header to another cue as you could say copy without scenes.

As far as I know the only way to do this at the moment is to do the copy then make the changes back, changing labels and scenes manually.

Parents Reply Children
  • I did see those so thought this could possibly be a nice addition to those, as I mean copy the actual cue, so all the data and everything but leave the label the same as it was.

So for example if I have two cues, Cue 1 labelled 'Home' and Cue 3 labelled 'Restore'. We completely overhaul cue 1 changing everything and update it cue Only, as Cue 2 is a cut away. Designer says Cue 1 Copy to Cue 3 but keep the label. I would then do Cue 1 CopyTo Cue 3 - Label, and Cue 3 would still be labelled 'Restore' and not take the label 'Home'. I hope that explained what I meant a bit better, with this it could be expanded to allow much more granular control of the copy so exact timings ect wouldn't be lost.
  • I think you're after a 'minus labels' option as well as 'labels only'.
Related