I need to patch 4 separate Supernight LED light strips to ETC Element light board.

I need to patch 4 separate Supernicht LED light strips to ETC Element light board. I do not see this in the fixture library. I read about how to patch LED lights but would appreciate someone leading me through the patch process for these lights. Thank you!

Parents Reply
  • DMX is quite simple. you send 512 values through the cable. and with the start address you tell the console and the light to which of those 512 values it has to listen to. those 512 values are sent over and over. a light that was set to DMX address 3 will always listen to the 3rd number.

the numbers sent go from 0-255. if the receiving thing is a dimmer 0 means light is dark, 255 means light is full. on the console side those values translate to 0% and 100%. the console makes it easier for humans, were better thinking in 0-100. the dmx side makes it easier for machines, they prefer 0-255.

for each property of a light you want to control you need 1 address. so your LEDs can do Red, Green, Blue and White. 4 different things, so you need 4 different addresses. they will usually have to be in a row (because that's what the decoder expects). with those 4 addresses you tell the decoder which levels its ouputs 1, 2, 3, and 4 should output.

so whoever installs the decoder has to make sure that to know and to tell you which color they connect to which output. to make it simple for you the order R, G, B, W would be prefered.

depending on length you will need more than one decoder. how many meters the decoder can do depends on how many watts the decoder can output and how many watts your LED strip consumes.

Children
No Data
Related