Visualiser Connectivity not working

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Hog 4 console with Capture Polar visualiser and I cannot get it to work.

My network settings are identical to those which I used previously on my Wholehog 3. I have of course installed the new Connectivity application.

I have also tried to connect my Hog 4 PC with a separate laptop and this also will not work.

When I tried to connect using Hog 4 PC on the same machine as Capture it did work.

When I uninstalled the Hog 4 connectivity app, reinstalled Hog 3 Connectivity app I was then able to make a connection with Hog 3 PC from my separate laptop. From this I have concluded that my network settings are all correct and there appears to be some issue with the Hog 4 Connectivity app making an external connection.

I am left with it just saying STATUS - CONNECTING, Scanning for show on port 6600 etc.

I am running Windows 7 on the Capture Polar machine and Windows XP on the Hog 4 PC laptop.

I have also successfully connected Hog 4 PC with my Hog 4 console, proving there is no networking issue with the console itself.

This is one issue I was not expecting with my Hog 4, and is not one I have time for so I would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks

Colin
Parents
  • For reference, a re-post from my Capture forum message:

>>>
    Just for information, I’ve managed to connect Hog4PC to Capture successfully, both on the same PC (Win7) and across networked PCs (Hog on WinXP and Capture on Win7). I can’t really offer any tips, since I made no settings changes – just installed the new software and it all worked.

I’ve found that Hog4PC will even connect to the Hog 3 connectivity app! Maybe it’s worth trying that setup to try and help isolate the cause?

Do you have multiple network adaptors enabled on your Capture machine, rather than just the one you’re using? Just a random thought, could the 4’s connectivity app now be more sensitive to more than one adaptor being present? When I’ve had multiple adaptors enabled (but not all connected) on my laptop, Hog4PC was not happy and I had problems getting network settings applied, but I’m sure (though could be wrong) that 3PC was more tolerant of this.

Rob
  • For reference, a re-post from my Capture forum message:

>>>
    Just for information, I’ve managed to connect Hog4PC to Capture successfully, both on the same PC (Win7) and across networked PCs (Hog on WinXP and Capture on Win7). I can’t really offer any tips, since I made no settings changes – just installed the new software and it all worked.

I’ve found that Hog4PC will even connect to the Hog 3 connectivity app! Maybe it’s worth trying that setup to try and help isolate the cause?

Do you have multiple network adaptors enabled on your Capture machine, rather than just the one you’re using? Just a random thought, could the 4’s connectivity app now be more sensitive to more than one adaptor being present? When I’ve had multiple adaptors enabled (but not all connected) on my laptop, Hog4PC was not happy and I had problems getting network settings applied, but I’m sure (though could be wrong) that 3PC was more tolerant of this.

Rob
Children
No Data