Solid State Drives

With Hog3 it was advised NOT to use SSDs as there was no performance gain, what with the Hog3 software writing very many small files. Since the new consoles have SSDs, does it mean that issue has been overcome? Does the Hog software not deal with many small files now, or has this writing process just been streamlined somehow? And what all this questioning is leading to is: Can I now install an SSD into my Hog4PC remote tablet?
Parents
  • I did get a SSD installed in my Roadhog but it took so long to install (cloning disk images because it wouldnt install directly) and after the first software update it would require hours of work to do the update I decided to remove it.

I did observe greatly improved boot times and no problems running a show although I did not run very big shows while it was fitted.

As someone else mentioned I also have a SSD in my macbook which I use for sometimes for Hog PC and have noticed no problem at all.
  • I did get a SSD installed in my Roadhog but it took so long to install (cloning disk images because it wouldnt install directly) and after the first software update it would require hours of work to do the update I decided to remove it.

I did observe greatly improved boot times and no problems running a show although I did not run very big shows while it was fitted.

As someone else mentioned I also have a SSD in my macbook which I use for sometimes for Hog PC and have noticed no problem at all.
Children
No Data