Trackball Mouse for Nano

Will there ever be support for an external track ball mouse for the nano?
  • Hello.
    Do someone have news about this discussion?
    i have an expert mouse and i would know if it's possible to use it in POS mode.
  • It's been a while since there was any word in this.
    If you're going to promise a feature, don't leave people hanging for years.

The "Virtual Trackball" of Hog 4 PC simply doesn't work. I've tried it on multiple PCs and laptops and I've never seen it behave in a way that I'd call remotely useful. As such, entering the values directly into the programmer is the only way to get anything done, regardless of whether you're using a trackball or a mouse.

This virtual trackball doesn't behave the same as other software as left/right sometimes affects tilt and up/down sometimes affects pan, and they all seem to jump almost immediately to their limit values, regardless of how "slow" you set the trackball preferences.

Just let us plug a Kensington trackball into the Hoglet like you can with the more expensive consoles.
    In the end, most people using Hog 4 PC are either learning your product (which you should be grateful for considering your competitors), or working on a show that will be played back with one of your more expensive consoles anyway.
  • When I remember correct (But not 100% sure and dont have the Kensington Trackball with me), when you change the virtual trackball to be pan/tilt, and leave the mouse pointer over it, you can use the trackball like with the console... I´m not 100% sure, but I think it worked like this...
    And to hear that a native support was promised is new to me... Michael also only mentions adding notes and nothing promised
  • This issue is entirely ridiculous on ETCs part. I simply cannot beleive that they would leave such a misleading hole in the documentation claiming trackballs work for "Hog 4" and not include that nothing works for Hog 4 PC. After spending thousands on these products I continue to be disgusted by ETCs complete lack of attention and involvement to Hog 4. This is a very simple feature and core to the operation of Hog, it would take nothing to implement and has been talked about or promised its being "looked into" for more than 12 years. Either tell us this will never be a feature and finally nail this coffin, or fix it.