using the expression with emphasis without the server??

Can you use the expression with emphasis without the server??? Instead of having the emphasis system just basically have the expression 3? Is this possible or am I just way off base?
Parents
  • Roger,

I was going back through all the advice and realized none of us mentioned an important step.  It sounds as though you are running hard lines so I am guessing you will not have a problem, but just in case....  

If you are using any of the Net2 backbone in the building with your "Expression" system, you need to unplug the Emphasis server from the network.  One problem I encountered in the situation I mentioned before was using the backbone as dry lines for the DMX transfer and the RVI.  The theater had a dry line already for the RFU, but I also had to unplug the RFU output on a Net2 node that was still attached to the system.  Leaving it plugged in caused all keystrokes on the RFU to be registered twice.  I digress, but ultimately, you want to make certain that your Expression setup is completely separate from your Emphasis.  One common example would be install racks.  If you leave the server plugged into the network it will likely still be able to affect your install racks - unless you have found where to unplug their DMX in(s) and are plugging your Expression direct instead.

Again, when you give it a shot, please let us know how you made out!

Thanks. 

• Roger,

I was going back through all the advice and realized none of us mentioned an important step.  It sounds as though you are running hard lines so I am guessing you will not have a problem, but just in case....  

If you are using any of the Net2 backbone in the building with your "Expression" system, you need to unplug the Emphasis server from the network.  One problem I encountered in the situation I mentioned before was using the backbone as dry lines for the DMX transfer and the RVI.  The theater had a dry line already for the RFU, but I also had to unplug the RFU output on a Net2 node that was still attached to the system.  Leaving it plugged in caused all keystrokes on the RFU to be registered twice.  I digress, but ultimately, you want to make certain that your Expression setup is completely separate from your Emphasis.  One common example would be install racks.  If you leave the server plugged into the network it will likely still be able to affect your install racks - unless you have found where to unplug their DMX in(s) and are plugging your Expression direct instead.

Again, when you give it a shot, please let us know how you made out!

Thanks. 

Children
No Data
Related