Expression 3 Playback Unit won't boot

Hi all,

We have a couple Expression 3 playback units that we use as backup/overflow, to support legacy effects equipment, and for events that require SMPTE being synced across the site.  Recently our primary unit stopped booting, and ideally we need it up again for some large events we have around New Years.  Last week it randomly stopped booting past the logo screen.  It will hang there indefinitely, so even when you insert the boot disk, it won't take you to the update menu.

And ideas? Or should I be looking at alternates?

Parents
  • If I were to place a bet, I would put my money down on a bad power supply.   It may just need a trimming, but they do tend to fail with age, so I would change it out even if it does trim back up.  It has been awhile, but I would guess the supply is $150-$250 range plus labor (not too much)

• If I were to place a bet, I would put my money down on a bad power supply.   It may just need a trimming, but they do tend to fail with age, so I would change it out even if it does trim back up.  It has been awhile, but I would guess the supply is $150-$250 range plus labor (not too much)

Children
No Data
Related