ETC - Express 48/96 - Cross faders and master slider stuck at 92%

I'm working with an older 48/96 board and it has seen better times. I've so far figured out that the bottom row of sliders seem to not work for the first 10% or so and if slid all the way to the top get stuck at 92%. I got around this with the grand master slider by just disabling the grand master all together. But when flipping from cue to cue, the cross faders are doing the same thing. like when I set Cue 1 to Full in programming, hitting cue one and go will only make it go up to 92. Which in itself is not the worst, but the same thing happens when going down. so when hitting cue 2 (00%) it only goes down 92% and ends up leaving a light level of 2-3% which is slightly annoying for a total blackout. Anyone have any ideas on how to bypass this problem ? 

Thanks!

Parents
  • Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you can use the keypad to bring things up to full or off, It sounds like the problem is not the grandmaster but the X/Y fader pair. Or possibly one of the two faders.

I would suggest trying to clean them as it is fast easy and will cause no further damage. Whatever you use to clean your soundboard faders is safe for the console, or if you do not have anything, I recommend DeoxIT by Caig Labs. Have used it for decades. A little squirt in the fader and run it up and down a few times might be all you need.  You can find it at a local electronic store or Amazon (which might just be your local electronics store) here:
    https://smile.amazon.com/CAIG-Laboratories-Mini-Spray-Nonflammable-Solution/dp/B000RGD9PK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1539016430&sr=8-7&keywords=Deoxit

Fader replacement is not difficult if you know how to solder, or you can take it to a local ETC Service center for repair. 

https://www.etcconnect.com/Find-A-Dealer.aspx

Good luck

David

• Surprisingly it's all the faders, the AB ones, the CD ones and the grand master. All only go up to 92% and the first 8% of the slider gets ignored.  I have not tested the submasters yet.  Looking at the replies the most plausible sounds like the voltages are off and need tweaking. Since I can only be at the board on nights and weekends, are they still open. Or can someone give me some detailed instructions of how to adjust those?

Thanks for all the help so far. I've just recently joined the theater and they've not had someone really technical for these items and it was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure it out myself 

• Surprisingly it's all the faders, the AB ones, the CD ones and the grand master. All only go up to 92% and the first 8% of the slider gets ignored.  I have not tested the submasters yet.  Looking at the replies the most plausible sounds like the voltages are off and need tweaking. Since I can only be at the board on nights and weekends, are they still open. Or can someone give me some detailed instructions of how to adjust those?

Thanks for all the help so far. I've just recently joined the theater and they've not had someone really technical for these items and it was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure it out myself 

Children
No Data
Related