Show File Conversion among Expression-Series Consoles

The only threads I've been able to find here are about converting between obsession and expression consoles. 

Are files made in any Expression Series console fully compatable with other Expression Series consoles? 

For example, I'd like to pre-program a show into Expression Off-Line with the Expression Facepanel. I should be able to run that file flawlessly on an Express 48/96 console, yes?

Parents
  • A couple of things about your post -

An Expression Facepanel is only available with the Emphasis server.  An Expression console is a standalone item. 

Yes you can program with Expression off line and load it into any Express/ion series desk.  However, you will only be able to use the channel count of the desk you load the show into.  For instance, in your example above, lets assume an Expression 400.  If that's the case the the last 208 channels will not be available to you.  Only the first 192 that are available via the 48/96.  Make sense?

• Right, excellent. Thank you!

I suppose I misused the term "facepanel". Only what I meant was what "console" EOL was operating in.

Reply Children
No Data
Related