Express 48/96 trackpad

Is it just me or is the trackpad practically useless?  Maybe ours is goofy or something, but I can't get it do cooperate.  Fast or slow movements seem to make no difference.  Am I supposed to run my finger from 6:00 to 12:00 to increase a level or from 9:00 to 3:00?  Should I start my finger on it at center or at an edge?  should I move fast or slow?

Mostly this only matters for working with the technobeams we just hooked up.  Man I'd kill for an expression 3 with the wheels and dials.  sigh...

Parents
  • Hi Geoffrey,

The trackpad will control to linked attributes or channels (ie. pan & tilt).

When controlling intensity, the motion is vertical on the 6 to 12 axis.  The two smaller areas to the left of the trackpad allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad (kinda).  Offhand, I don't remember which one makes it less sensitive so that motions make bigger changes.

I hope this helps.

John

• On my Express 250, the texture of the two patches tell the story. The coarse textured one switches to coarse adjustments, the fine textured one switches to very fine adjustments. When in fine mode, it sometimes does not seem that anything is changing. Swipe the coarse patch and try again.

-- David

Reply Children
No Data
Related