Remote Interface

Perhaps this is more a question for Tech Support but I figured I'd start here since I think (hope? :) the answer is easy.

I just acquired a Remote Interface (the old-style kind) to go with my Express 125.  I had previously upgraded the Express to v3.1.0 of the console software.  The Remote Interface came with version 2.x loaded.  The two didn't talk so I found an old v3.0.2 Remote Interface Software disk and got the RIU upgraded to v3.0.2, but, it still comes up with a blank screen and, so far as I can tell, the two don't talk.  The Upgrade Disk, however, sees the unit and the upgrade passed, so I know the problem isn't my Ethernet wiring.  I checked the RJ45 crossover settings in the console, and they are correct (crossed over, since I have a standard ethernet cable and no hub between them).

My question:  In the v3.1 release notes, it talks about downloading a new Remote Software Upgrade disk from the ETC website.  I've searched in every corner of the ETC website and can't find the aforementioned upgrade disk.  Where do I obtain that?

A second question:  Is the RIU supposed to come up with a totally blank screen until it makes contact with the board?  It comes up with the left and right most LED's flashing and the left most one on solid.

Thanks!
Parents
  • Hello-

Both the console and remote software are wrapped into the same .zip file on the website:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/console/Express_3_1_Software.zip

e2.bin is the console software, and will upgrade the desk to 3.1 (which you've already done). run.bin is the remote unit software, and that will allow you to upgrade the remotes - you've done this process with the older software, so it should be easy.

I can't recall what the monitors show or what the LEDs should do off the top of my head, but try the latest software and if there are problems, call in to technical support. If you're a Badger fan, the closest support is almost certainly Middleton: +1 608 831 4116.

• Heh, *that*'s what the other file is for!  I'll give that a whirl and see if it fixes the problem (and yes, my closest support is definitely Middleton, although I'm in Minneapolis so there are a few local dealers as well).

Thanks!

--Forest 

Reply Children
Related